(Caution: Those who do not like sarcasm need not read this answer!)
Here are the benefits for a Hindu to get converted to Christianity:
- You can have a flashy, American/ western sounding name.
- Whetever financial, educational or other concessions you get for converting to Christianity are your short term profits; demand and extract as much as possible. These missionaries get plenty of dollars.
- If you believe in what the missionaries said , then you can commit sins without fear , because ‘Jesus has already shed his blood for all the sins of His believers’.
- Enjoy life. Religious moralists will not be breathing behind your neck to say “Don’t eat beef; don’ t drink liquor; don’t smoke; don’t have girlfriend” and so on
- You can save lot of money by not spending on numerous festivals like Deepavali, Shankranti, Navrathri and so on. You can save all and spend just on Christmas only.
- You don’t have to salute in front of the countless Hindu temples that throng along all the roads, nooks and corners.
- It is enough if you worship just Jesus Christ only. Oh, what a relief!
- It is enough if you read just one Holy book — Bible, instread of trying to break your head with Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Brahma Sutra, Yoga Vasishta, Yoga Sutra, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Srimad Bhagavatam, Vishnu Purana, Siva Purana, Devi Bhagavatam and so on and the various interpratations of them by various masters! Oh, what a relief!
- You don’t have to run around spending money, time and enegy to visit holy temples across India, take bath in Ganga, Godhavari, Sethu and so in.
- You don’t have to memorize or chant the various stotras that please and glorify various Gods — Vishnu Sahasranama, Lalitha Sahasranama, Various Ashtotra sada Namavalis and so on.
- You don’t have to sing bhajans tuned to boring and archaic Carnatic or Hindustani tunes. You can now sing prayers tuned to western music!
- You don’ t have to worry at all about your karma, future re-births after death and so on. Either you remain in suspended animation till the day of your judgement or end up in heaven after your death.
- If you believe in what the missionaries said, then you don’ t really have to fear hell for 2 reasons: One, you have escaped the punishment of hell for having worshiped Hindu Gods with forms, and two, you have accepted Jesus who has already, sensing your future arrival into his fold with enough load of sins, shed his blood in necessary extra quantity to absolve you of your sins!